Monday, January 5, 2009

The Office Bug


Finally a weekend off and what happens? The office bug got me. I felt it coming on just before leaving work on Friday. By the time I go home the cold was in full fury. Achy muscles, headache, stuffy and dehydrated. I spent a lot of time in front of the TV screen over the weekend and have to say the pickings were slim.

There was an OK movie now and then but I was forced to settle on House Hunters too many times. The evenings had much better choices with three PBS stations available, but my realization that TV is a mindless waste of time was fervently reinforced.

I suppose the American football fans were were able to overdose, but that's not an activity I ever got into.

The weather is clearing the roads and by mid week if this head cold clears, commuting will resume.

2 comments:

  1. Drink lots 'o whiskey. It might help, it might not. But, it can't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better! If you have to be sick and off the bike, this is the time of year for it...I'm looking out at a glaze of ice this morning here.

    ReplyDelete