Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Killingly Ride


As always, click any photo for big. Click again for bigger. 
Click Here for all photos of this ride. 

Distance 32
Max speed  41 MPH
Ave speed 13 MPH
Pedal Time 2:23
  

Is one of the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen club rides.   Lots of rolling hills through northwestern  Rhode Island.  There was a good turnout of around 50-60 riders of all levels and there were three mileage options. 17-35-47.  I chose the 35 and also cut an additional few miles off at the last "bailout" road to avoid climbing to the highest point in the state of R.I.  It's not that high, but Ididn't feel like climbing any more.  Or riding any more for that matter.

A sampling of the riders before our 10AM departure.

I was a member of this club for six years and had never done a Sunday group ride.  Today I decided to ride with them and the experience was of such that I sent in my two year membership papers right after the ride.  It's a great group and they have some wonderful rides.  Everyone goes at their own pace and the mileage options with the accompanying map that shows a few bail out spots to shorten the ride if you wish, is a nice touch.




1 comment:

  1. John, sorry I missed you.I was on my way to the ride, but got an emergency call from my daughter with a boken water pipe.Had to play plumber instead.Glad you enjoyed the ride.

    ReplyDelete