Sunday, March 22, 2009

Popsicle Toes

Weekends I get to start work at eight, a half hour later than usual. With that, I am able to ride the eleven mile commute in full daylight.

It was 34 when I left the house on the coast to drive the 30 miles inland to the park and ride. It was 28 at the park and ride. Unpacking the car.

Bike. Check
Shoes.. check
gloves...check
backpack...check
hat?
hat?
facemask?
facemask...fortunately I found it on the floor. Still no hat though.

I used the facemask as a mock hat, at least covering my ears. There is a Cumberland Farms store at the three mile mark, and I did manage to get a hat there. Understand that convenience stores are notorious for being over prices. The hat cost me a buck and a half and now I'm wondering what the heck it could be made of. Will I go bald?

My toes were very cold when I got to the office and the room echoed with a pretty good YEOW! when I stepped into the hot shower. All turned out well and I'm happily at work.
On overtime.
YEOW! he he.

1 comment:

  1. Always pack duct tape. It can be fashioned into an inpromptu anything. Ear warmers, shoe covers, handlebars, you name it.....

    ReplyDelete