Tuesday, February 13, 2007



I decided to make a my commuter more to my liking. I really dislike flat handle bars and am going to have drops installed tomorrow. The only expensive part is the new shifters. Like the ones on a road bike connected to the brakes. Just over $100 bucks. I have a couple of short tours and neither of my bikes are suited for that. I am using the bikes much differently than I intended.

Now that I have tried different types of riding, pacelines, commuting, club rides etc. I have settled down to commuting and touring, and the occasional family "weekend saunters" . A full touring bike is in my future, but for now, I'm going to try to get the Marin as close to a low end touring bike as I can. Wheels, check.
Racks, check. Tools, tent, paniers and stuff, check. The final touch is to make the drops for more comfortable longer rides. This should do it. (fingers crossed).











Maybe wider tires too.

No comments:

Post a Comment