Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Long Ride

Yestterday morning my neighbor called and wanted to do the same long ride we did last week. It requires us to leave the neighborhood by 4:45 and be on the bikes at the commuter lot by 5:15 in order for me to make it to my office on time. My ride is 20 miles his is 11.

"I'll call you tonight" was the last I heard from him.



This morning I drove to my regular commuter lot that is only 10 miles from the office. At the halfway spot and around 6:30, my cell rings. My my, who could that be?
"Are you riding today?"
"Yep"
"Have you left the house yet?"
"Yep"
"Oh"

We'll talk tonight and maybe do the long ride tomorrow. I did send him a text reminding him that this is bike to work week and also we are in training (sort of), for our seven day tour of the Erie Canal.

The temperature will be around 70 for the ride home tonight and the timing will be just about right for wifey and my dinner date with our friend Gunna who is visiting from Norway. "Meen skol, deen skol, alavaka flika skol. (cheers to me, cheers to you, cheers to all the beautiful girls). So he says.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the gung ho friend on the telephone who makes the plan and then reneges. My friend Brian, the dirty kid from Maine, is like that. Great friend, but I don't let him plan anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, that is incredibly early. You're nuts!

    I didn't know you were planning that tour this summer. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur.

    4:45 is way early, but with my schedule, I'm usually coming home from work right around then...

    ReplyDelete