Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Seven Words You Can't Say


I was twenty minutes into the drive to the game last night when I realized I didn't bring my camera. That's when I recited George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV". (Before cable of course).







The tailgate was quiet because only about half of the usual Midnight Riders showed. There was lots of good natured bantering between the El Salvador fans and us for a short while. It was soon evident that the US was going to win big. The game ended a 4-0, but three or four missed "sitters", by Demarcus Beasley, Landon Donovan, and Taylor Twellman, kept the scoring down.

The fans from Guatemala were with us since they were competing with El Salvadore for second place. They gave our group an ovation after the match. Some of the younger members of Sams Army took offense and had to be reminded that that was the Guatemalans not El Salvador fans cheering. They then changed the one finger salute to a friendly wave towards the blue and white.

We will all be back on Saturday for a three game extravaganza.

Man do I love soccer.

1 comment:

  1. Forgot my camera, too, on the way to the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm not exactly sure what expression came immediately to mind when I realized what had happened. But I'm almost sure it wasn't, "Oh, darn!".

    ReplyDelete