Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Ghost Rider.

For three years the "ghost rider" has been able to avoid getting his photo taken, unitentionally for sure. I have caught glimpses of him passing an opening between buildings, or as a tractor trailor passes. I have dug my camera out of the handlebar bag to take a picture only to have low batteries or a stuck shudder. Something always happens.

Yesterday, I was on a busy section of my commute. I heard the sirene approaching and decided to pull of the street. The reason being most drivers will be more concerned looking into their rear view mirrors than paying attention to what is in front of them. Specifically, a guy on a bike.

I stopped, looked back and followed the police car as it approached, then drove by me from my left to right. As the car passed in front of me, the ghost rider rode by going the opposite direction. This is crazy. One of these days I'm going to set up a hunting blind and just sit there and wait for him.

2 comments:

  1. You really do need to set up and wait for this guy. I really want to see a photo of him now! How can someone be so elusive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, your inability to catch him on the camera isn't a reflection on you.

    ReplyDelete