Monday, April 2, 2007

Five Boroughs Bike


NYC has a great event. The Five Bouroughs Bike Ride. Beginning at Battery Park in Manhattan, the rider cross five bridges that take them to five boroughs of the city. In addition to Manhattan is Harlem, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island.

A few of us from work will make the trek. If I can get him in, Joey from my previous post and Crys from Quit Smoking Journals will also be there.


Time is getting close, registration is filling fast. Last year 32,000 riders showed, and that number is about the limit. It's very popular and growing.



We are gathering in Battery Park on Saturday, May 5th. We will be around all afternoon, with everyone doing their own thing. It's a great event, safe and not at all a difficult ride.



If you want to join us either for the ride or just the party in Battery Park, e-mail or leave a note. We would love to meet you.

Here is a little tast from last years ride. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there. Thanks for the link to your France trip. The photos of the aqueduct, espectially brought back memories. Have seen those all over Europe. Absolutely amazing structures. Ahhhh, gotta get back some day - I need an excuse to spiff up my French language skills in a serious way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's an impressive event. It sounds like fun, although I don't like crowds, so that might dissuade me a bit. I saw this post yesterday, but didn't get a chance to watch the video -- and I don't see it now. Did something break on your end or mine?

    BTW ... oh yeah, I've been riding! In fact, you posted your comment on a pretty old blog entry of mine, is that the most recent one you see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well color my face red. I plead stupidity. I just left a comment on KC Rider's blog thanking him for his input.

    And actually it was you. Thanks for the comments. A small ray of recognition in an otherwise empty landscape.

    I will now do my duty and link to your blog.

    Again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link. That looks incredible! Wow ...

    I'm not actually at IU in any capacity, I work in town. I just happen to ride through campus on my way to work. It works great, because there's a section where you can't drive through, so there are few cars on either side of that section of road.

    ReplyDelete